Our days can get into a pretty comfortable, yet needed, flow. However, it is also good to spice up your days here and there by breaking your routine. The world, and more specifically your world, it’s filled with great places, experiences and people you should let yourself get to know and explore. Sometimes all you need is a little push. NESCAFÉ® Clasico™ wants to inspire everyone this summer to take a chance and break the routine by saying yes to life with a cup of coffee (or iced coffee!) in hand.
If you know me, you’ll know that I am very spontaneous and free spirited. So coming up with ways for breaking the routine are a must for me. Sometimes it is just about finding the perfect time to tweak something you do every, or almost, every day, like switching up your weekend coffee with the recipe I’ll be sharing with you here. Other times, it’s about getting yourself out of your comfort zone and being open to all the ways the universe might surprise you. Like when I booked a one-way ticket to New York City last winter to spend New Year’s Eve with my best friend and ended up staying three weeks getting to know who is now a very special man in my life.
Here are five ideas (plus a recipe for iced coffee!) to inspire you to break your routine this summer and make moments happen.
- Don’t wait another day, week or month. Grab a cup of coffee and schedule a Skype date with a friend you haven’t caught up with in months.
- Don’t wait for a special occasion. Treat yourself (and maybe your man!) to a coffee body scrub. I recommend this brand or try making it at home by combining coffee grounds, coconut oil and sugar.
- Don’t wait until that week off from work. Skip that cleaning, laundry and grocery weekend day for a day of snacks and catching up on your favorite shows or, even better, a day spent at the beach or pool.
- Don’t wait until you feel the moment is right. Book that cheap flight to visit a friend in another state and explore all the free and affordable places in the area. Don’t forget to treat your friend to a NESCAFÉ® Clasico™ gift basket!
- Don’t wait until happy hour. How about trying my YOLO iced coffee recipe below with breakfast this weekend? Or even better… Take a sick day from work and indulge!
YOLO Iced Coffee
6 oz. Iced NESCAFÉ® Clásico™ coffee
2 oz. Rum Cream Liqueur like Rum Chata
Pour ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and pour into a glass with more ice. Garnish with whipped cream and ground cinnamon.
Check out how NESCAFÉ® Clásico™ surprised this group of people who dared to say yes to a spontaneous and mysterious opportunity.
Here’s to making moments happen in life instead of waiting for them, to experience the magic of seizing the moment.