This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerVino #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Summer is about all those outdoor gatherings with friends and family BBQ-ing, throwing pool parties or even camping. These moments are the perfect occasion to bring a bottle of wine out to share and enjoy. Sutter Home has a great selection of wines at affordable prices that are great for all your summer gatherings. Pick your favorite bottle at your local wine store and treat your guests to a glass with a food pairing. I chose a bottle of Chardonnay for a Sunday at the pool. Keep reading for a savory and a sweet Chardonnay food pairing.
A pool day asks for something light and refreshing to drink and snacks to keep us fueled and having fun. Sometimes pairing your favorite wines with food can get complicated. You really want to enjoy the flavor of your food and wine together, and that can change if the foods selected are not quite the right match for your wine of choice. Chardonnay is a fruity wine that goes well with light proteins, cheese, fruits and uncomplicated flavors like vanilla. So, I decided to make a crab and avocado dip as my savory Chardonnay food pairing and Angel Food Cupcakes with a light Pineapple frosting for my sweet pairing.
- Fresh Crab
- Cream Cheese
- Cut and shred the crab pieces as much as possible in a bowl.
- Add half of the cream cheese and mix with the crab.
- Add an entire Avocado and mix with the crab and cream cheese.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Cut Scallions and little pieces and add to the dip.
- Angel Food Cake Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Pineapple Preserves or Jam
- Make the Angel Food cake batter as directed on the box and bake.
- Mix cream cheese and cool whip together as needed.
- Add Pineapple preserves to the cream cheese frosting to taste.
- Cool the cupcakes and freeze the frosting for a couple of minutes.
- Add frosting to the cupcakes.