I’m so happy it’s Friday! One more week has gone by, taking us to enjoy our weekend, and closer to the end of the year. I’m a super fan of the movie Anchorman, and when I learned that the second movie was in the works; time couldn’t go fast enough for me to rally my friends and plan a movie night. If you didn’t know, the movie was released this Wednesday the 18th and is finally showing in theaters. This weekend might be the perfect time to grab my leather-bound books and head over to a movie theater to LOL with Anchorman 2.
I was super excited when I was approached with a collection of cocktail recipes inspired on Anchorman and made with spicy Tabasco (I love me some spice!). These make for a great pre-game before heading into the movie theaters or even as a special drink for a brunch with friends before the Sunday matinee. They are also a great addition to a fun night with friends to either share your favorite moments or stay home and watch the first movie all over again! Find below my two favorite recipes. Stay classy, Haute Cocktailers!
- 1/2 Lime
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/4 Ounces gold tequila
- 3/4 Ounce Grand Marnier
- 1/2 to 1 Teaspoon Tabasco brand Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce
- Rub rim of a goblet with cut side of lime, then dip rim into saucer of salt.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Squeeze juice from lime.
- Pour lime juice, tequila, Grand Marnier, and Tabasco Green Sauce into an ice-filled cocktail shaker or pitcher and shake or stir vigorously.
- Strain into ice-filled glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Variation: Use Margarita or sweet and sour mix to make drink as directed on label. Shake in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Tabasco Green Sauce per drink and stir.
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- 1 Tablespoon light rum
- 1 Tablespoon tequila
- 1 Tablespoon vodka
- 1 Tablespoon gin
- 3 Drops Tabasco brand Original Red Sauce
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a 12-ounce highball glass filled with ice; stir. If desired, garnish glass with a wedge of pineapple or lime.