The holiday season is in full swing and that includes planning trips to visit family and friends to spend the holidays together. On occassion that may mean only one thing… road trip! No matter if its an hour car ride or eight is always important to dress comfortably and bring supplies to keep you entertained. Keep reading to discover my road trip survival guide.
1. Leggings – These will keep you comfy and warm all ride long no matter if you are crossing your legs or reaching for more snacks in the back. The print on this pair from Denim and Supply Ralph Lauren will keep your ensemble fun and modern, too.
2. Sweater – Stay warm and festive all the way to your destination with a nice sweater. Loving the metallic edge of this Michael by Michael Kors one.
3. Book – This is the perfect time to catch up on a book you’ve been meaning to finish or start a new one! How about finding some sartorial inspiration to take with you into the new year? Check out Advanced Style Book.
4. Magazine – Lots of topics to read and maybe some conversation starters can be found in one or more of your favorite magazines! I’m subscribed to Glamour magazine.
5. iPod – If you’d rather have your phone free for anything and whatever, bringing an iPod filled with fun and festive playlists to sing your lungs out is the way to go.
6. Sweet Snack – When a craving for sweets strikes in the middle of the road be prepared with healthy and sweet snacks like granola bars or 100 calorie packs!
7. Salty Snack – Same goes with salty. My favorite go-tos are string cheese and popcorn.
8. Water – Keep yourself hydrated! It’ll help keep the munching down and the singing going.
9. Games – Your iPhone may be packed with these, but you can always bring a separate device or all those games you used to play with your parents as a kid in long rides like ‘I Spy’.
10. Phone – We can’t live without our phones! Protect it with a cute and fashionable case like this heart one by Diane Von Furstenberg and keep in touch with friends and family, find your way with the help of Google Maps, play games (only if you are the co-pilot) and listen to all your great Christmas playlists!
What do you think about my road trip essentials? Is there any others that you enjoy taking with you?